Disclaimer: Any reference to Safariland or the ALS/Automatic Locking System are registered Trademarks of The Safariland Group.
Note that the older style ALS levers as shown to the right will require a significant amount of work to make the Nub Mod fit.
Holster types and fit:
The Nub Mod will not work with the Safariland ALS Guard.
The Nub Mod will not work with the older style ALS holsters that have the 'step' into the holster body without a fair amount of work.
Common Sense Warning:
If you are worried about someone taking your gun from you this would make that easier. Obviously anything that makes it easier for you will make it easier for your enemy. If you simply want to keep your gun in your holster while doing whatever it is you do, and still be able to get it out fast without going through multiple levels of retention, the ALS only and Nub Mod are probably just what you are after.
* Note: Due to molding variations some nubs may not fit perfectly flush on the top. If your larger piece is sitting flush and pressed straight down over the factory button take a fingernail file or razor and scrap a SMALL amount of plastic off the lower edge as shown below by red arrow. This will rarely happen (1 out of 100)
4. Apply LocTite or your favorite color fingernail polish to the threads and insert screw in the large tapered hole. If you try to screw from the gun side please sell all your guns.
3. Take the narrow piece and align the key with the slot, allowing the tapered ledge to index on the base of the factory button as it hangs over the holster body.*
2. Press larger piece over factory button as shown. Make sure the Nub is matching the angle of the factory button!
1. Lay holster on flat surface, or hold it in your weak hand. This will be pretty easy. If highly motivated, hang from a pull-up bar by your toes and set holster on floor.
ALS Nub Mod Install Instructions
for all Level I holsters.